Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reset Your Life Day 14

A Day in the Life...

I awake to see the sun rising through the patio window of my quaint yet modern master bedroom. I snuggle my nose in papi's neck until he wakes up enough to giggle. I dive in for my morning kiss and roll out of bed. I grab my robe and head to the kitchen where I heat some water for tea. Once my tea is ready I sit on the back patio to take in the fullness of the still morning. From there I head to the basement for an invigorating run on my treadmill. After showering and dressing for the day I cop a squat next to papi in the living room and read while he tinkers away at his latest computer project. Around noon a few friends and family join us for lunch as I whip up a meal of fresh fruits, grilled veggies, shrimp po' boys, chicken kabobs, quinoa salad and fresh basil lemonade. We laugh, eat and even dance to a little merengue and salsa before cleaning up. After lunch papi and I go for a walk around our lake and talk about politics, love, old school hip-hop and my hair obsession (this is mostly just me lol). In the evening I take my mentee and a few of my girlfriends to the movies for a comedy and pretty much just act silly. After the movies, we stop for a quick bite from my favorite Ethiopian restaurant and then call it a night. We all end up at our respective destinations safely. I tell papi all about the movie, food and silly girl talk while he rubs my feet. We end the night doing what grown folks do :-) before hitting the pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment