Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekly Weight loss Recap 01-29-11

Now that my first goal of working out daily for the month of January is quickly coming to an end and I want to incorporate different benchmarks. As such I'll post weekly my week overview. I still plan to workout at least 5 days a week with no fewer than 10 minutes each day and I'm following along with my other challenges.

So here goes my first recap :)

The Bad

*Missed two work outs this week. My new job is kicking my butt! Some nights I got home and could barely keep my eyes open let alone exercise. I would go straight to bed once I got home and did not wake up until it was time for work the next day. I'm sure skipping dinner isn't good for my energy levels :P I've asked that my hours be changed so I can sleep until 7am (this time just works for me) and I can get a good morning work out in.

*Splurged a little too much on Saturday. The morning went well, lunch was awesome but while was out I passed a fast food restaurant which serves my favorite fries with gravy! I got an order and that was suppose to be it...then I returned home to Papi who surprised me with a dinner date at one of my favorite restaurants 0_o Well I went to dinner and ate reasonably well but was then invited over a cousin's house where they had a huge bowl of ice cream waiting for me! Geesh...there were times when I could have said "no" but I didn't and I still struggle in this area. I could have declined the ice cream, I shouldn't have rewarded myself with fast food and when I had the chance to pass on the juice at dinner I didn't.

I'm still a work in progress..

The Good

*Weighed myself just out of curiosity and I'm down 9lbs from my last known weight at the beginning of January. I probably will not continue to weigh myself but it is cool to know I'm dropping pounds

*FINALLY took my measurement..more on this in the coming months

*Despite skipping out on a couple workouts I have tracked my calories EVERYDAY

*I attended a healthy living workshop and got some great tips on raw food, food combinations, recipes and eating for your blood type. Not sold on the blood type diet but I certainly plan to research it

*I'm still very motivated on my journey to health and fitness. For the first time ever the number on the scale is incidental and I'm purely motivated by my desire to feel better, have more energy and live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment