Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Good News :)

Although I've been on the fence about choosing to weigh myself I have decided to start taking measurements. Yet, to date, I've done neither. Honestly I felt taking measurements or weighing myself would discourage me in these initial stages and I just can't take the risk. This time around I REALLY want things to be different, in a good way, so I'm trying a different approach-for now.

My approach has been to gauge my weight-loss based on how well my clothes fit. Lately I could tell my thighs looked smaller, my tummy hasn't been as bloated and I have much more energy! Great, I looked at these benefits as "gravy" but no real difference in my clothing. But..there is always a but...I pulled my favorite pair of pants over my hips this morning only to have them...

DROP TO THE FLOOR!

YYYYEEESSS! You could have knocked me over with a feather..seriously I'm so accustomed to failing when it comes to weight-loss that in my mind, until today, the idea I might actually lose weight was not feasible. As I've stated before, logically I know this makes sense. Expend more calories than I consume..yadda, yadda, yadda...got it. However all I know was not and had not been translating into anything I could feel.

In this case, it's something I can't feel-my pants LOL Ok..I know I'm a dork :P

This thing could be for real :)

2 comments: