Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nikki's New Workout Plan

Happy New Year!!!

I'm excited about all the things I have planned for 2011 and topping that list is my Reset Project- getting my health and fitness in order.



My Health Idol-The Oldest Body Builder Ernestine Shepard


As promised, I'll be documenting my journey this year. All the ups, downs and even those monotonously boring, normal days that make sticking to this goal possible. I'm just recovering from all my holiday-ing and ready to get back to the grind.

I've joined two challenges and created one of my own to keep me motivated throughout the year.

1 month: 30 days of exercise for the month of January. This means I will work out daily for a minimum of 10 minutes with an average of 45 minutes the entire 30 days. Weekly I will rotated between DVDs and the gym for my cardio. During the week I've scheduled weight-lifting for 30 minutes 2-3 days a week. Coupled with the exercise I have incorporated clean eating and a minimum of 48 oz of water daily. The goal for January is to cement working out as a habit.

6 months: I'm tagging along with the ladies from www.curlscoilsandkinks.com and their "Weight Loss Challenge". I'll be checking in on the website with my progress twice a month.

12 months: I've joined the "I Commit to ____ Workouts in 2011" challenge on (yet another hair website lol) www.longhaircareforum.com. I've committed to 250 workouts for the entire year, about 5 per week, with a minimum 10 minutes and average of 45 minutes per workout.

I'm thinking of adding in some goals at 3 and 9 months but haven't thought of anything creative yet. Also have to figure out what kind of rewards I'll get once I reach exercise goals :) Most likely will be something to do with a hair product, clothes or shoes hahahaha



To top it all off I've used the lovely school supplies above to create a calendar for myself where I'll keep track of my exercise. My favorite find today was *drum roll* GOLD STARS!!! Actually I have red, blue, silver, green and gold stars and will use a different color depending my water intake, calories consumed and minutes committed to exercise.

Let's do this!!!


**By the way, I referred to myself as Nikki today but I generally go by Danni...both are my names, kind of-my real name is Danielle Nicole. So no I don't have multiple personalities or anything LOL Guess I was just feeling more Nikki today than Danni :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment